Library card for SJSU Students
If you are a registered SJSU student, your patron information will automatically be entered into the library database when you have enrolled. This will give you access outside the King Library to the SJSU databases and eBooks. In order to have this access you will need to know your SJSU ID and assign yourself a library PIN.
The SJSU Tower card is now the library card for SJSU students.
In order to have remote access to SJPL databases and be able to check out Overdrive eBooks, you will need a San Jose Library Card. Please bring your SJSU Tower Card to the King Circulation Desk to receive your San Jose library card.
Library card for International and Extended Studies/Gateway Students
SJSU International and Extended Studies/Gateway students have the same borrowing privileges as SJSU undergraduate students.
The SJSU Tower card is their library card.
Library card for SJSU Distance Learners
- Select the Library Account link here or at the top of any page on our website.
- Enter your name in the first box and the your 9 digit SJSU ID in the second box.
- If you have a library PIN, enter it in the third box. If you don't have one, you can create it online by entering the PIN into this box. You will be asked to enter your new PIN twice. Your PIN should be a 4-digit number. Simple PINs such as 1111 or 1234 will be rejected by the system.
- Nearly all SJSU databases can be accessed now with your name, SJSU ID and PIN. A few databases require a special username and password. These databases have the "get password" prompt next to them on the website. To gain access to these databases, click on the "get password" link, enter your name, SJSU ID and PIN, and find the appropriate database to get the special username and password.
- With your SJSU ID and library PIN, you are now equipped to manage your library account online and access our online databases!
Library card for SJSU Faculty & Staff
The SJSU Tower card is now the library card for SJSU Faculty and Staff. In order to have remote access to SJPL databases and check out overdrive book, please bring your SJSU Faculty/Staff Tower Card to the King Library to be issued your San Jose library card.
Library card for SJSU Visiting Scholars
SJSU visiting scholars must be sponsored or affiliated with a SJSU Department on campus. Library cards are issued only at King Library Circulation Desk. A signed letter on SJSU department letterhead stating the patron's name, their association as a visiting scholar with SJSU and the expiration date of borrowing privileges is required.