Current awareness services:
- Help SJSU faculty, students & staff keep informed of new journal issues and articles in their research area through email
- Are of no cost to SJSU faculty, students and staff
- Are currently provided by some of our online vendors
How to sign up
Different kinds of current awareness services are provided depending on the individual vendor. Based on your particular research area and needs, consider the following current awareness services and link to the appropriate registration form to sign up:
- ACS Publications - covers chemistry and related sciences
Register now for ACS Alerts. You can choose to receive email alerts when a new article is posted to the web on a daily or weekly basis or you can receive table of content alerts when a new issue is posted to the web.
- American Meteorological Society Journals Online - covers journals in meteorology
JOIN Journals Online Issues Notification to receive email updates or "notification" of new journal postings.
- Annual Reviews - covers health, medicine, science, technology and social science
Register now for Annual Reviews Etocs current awareness service, and when a new volume is released, you will receive the table of contents of annual reviews via email.
- BioOne - covers bioscience journals
Register for BioOne's Online Issue Alert and receive notification when the journals you choose are available.
- Compendex/ Engineering Village 2 - covers engineering
Create a personal account to receive email updates.
- EBSCOHost - covers multiple topics
Join the ejs mailing list and receive news updates and a list of new journals added to the database each week.
- Elsevier Science Direct - covers science, technology and medicine
Register now to create and receive search alerts, journal issue alerts and citation alerts.
- EmeraldPlus - covers managment and library & information science
Register now for Emerald Alerts. You can choose to receive email alerts when a new article is posted to the web or you can receive table of content alerts when a new issue is posted to the web.
- History E-Book Project - covers history full text electronic history books
Register for email updates on changes to the site.
- Hoover's Online - covers business information
Receive free email newsletters of your choice.
- IEEE Explore - covers computing, telecommunications, power and other engineering disciplines
Sign up for free email alerts to learn when new journals have been published, and receive links to their tables of contents.
- Ingenta - covers management, marketing, human resource management, MIS and operations management
Follow Ingenta's instructions on how to set up your research alert options.
- Kluwer - covers science, technology, humanities and law
Subscribe today to Kluwer Alert for updates on new books & journals, new electronic products, newsletters, and Journal Table of Contents before the print version is available.
- Marcel Dekker e-Journal Collection - covers scientific, medical and technical content
Register for a My Workspace account and receive Table of Contents notifications.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service - covers current topics in criminal justice
Register now for email notification on new publications and resources to match your interests.
- Wiley InterScience - covers science
Register now to set up a personal home page within the database with your preferences saved and email table of contents updates.
Issues in Scholarly Communication
- Issues in Scholarly Communication
This ARL web page offers information to faculty members regarding publishing principles, intellectual property & licensing, open access and more. It may be of particular use to researchers and academics who are members of and editors for scholarly societies interested in publishing journals electronically.