You may use any of public personal computers (PC) at King Library for free. These computers feature:
- Access to San Jose State University Library and San Jose Public Library online research tools for all users with or without an SJSU ID
- Internet access with browsers: Internet Explorer 10, Firefox, Chrome
- Full version of Office 2010 professional without Outlook
- Adobe Reader XI
- Adobe Digital Manager
- OneClick Digital Media
- CD Player
You must log in to a public PC with your San Jose Library Card number and PIN.
Types of Public PCs at King Library
- Public PC (30 minutes, 1 hour, or 2 hours)
You can find the location of these computers on these floor maps: Lower Level, Ground, 2nd, 3rd, 5th
- Adaptive Tech Public PC
This PC has adaptive technology — JAWS screen reader, MaGic, and Zoom Text — for people with visual disabilities.
- Children's Room PC:
- Children's Room PCs are for use only by children up to 12 years old or by parent with child.
- You will find these PCs in the King Library Children's Room
- Teen Center PC:
- Teen Center PC's are for ages 11-18, grades 6-12 only.
- 5 of the PCs are "Media Resources" stations with CD/DVD burners and MP3 players.
- You will find these PCs in the King Library Teen Center
- Library Catalog Computers:
- Locations are on every floor, usually at or near that floor's public service desk.
- Use is mainly to find books and other items in the library.
- No log-in is necessary or possible.