Jump to navigation
General Meeting Room Guidelines
- Meeting Rooms must be left clean with the furniture in its original setup before leaving the room.
- Requestors should bring with them their confirmation email.
- Responsibility for reimbursing the King Library for any damages or missing equipment resulting from the meeting or event lies with the requestor. Liability insurance coverage (through Driver-Alliant) may be required for certain meetings and events.
- The foyer space is Library space and is not considered a part of the Meeting Rooms. Exceptions for a registration table outside the Meeting Room door may be made on a case-by-case basis if such a setup does not pose any egress problems or non-compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). No food is allowed to be served or stored in the foyer area.
- The Library is not responsible for personal items or business equipment brought into the building or left in the Meeting Rooms throughout the day.
- Meeting Rooms may be locked when you arrive. If this should happen, please contact the Administration office at (408) 808-2355 weekdays during business hours; after hours and on weekends contact Security at 808-2635. Someone will respond as soon as possible.
- Advance notice must be given if meeting materials or equipment is being delivered to the Library for meetings. (Note: the Library loading dock is ONLY available Monday thru Friday 9:30-1:00pm. No access on Saturday or Sunday.
- Live music is allowed in the meeting rooms, as long as the volume is appropriate for a library. The Library reserves the right to decide if the noise level is too loud and must be reduced.
- The Meeting Rooms of King Library are accessible to people with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- King Library does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual preference, age or physical limitation. The use of any of the Library facilities by any group or organization in no way constitutes endorsement of the policies or beliefs of that organization by the Library, University or City of San Jose.
- Reservations will be placed on HOLD for 2 weeks from the date the hold is placed. If a reservation form has not been submitted by the 2 week date the hold will be released.
- Reservations can only be made up to 6 months in advance.
- The Library reserves the right to review each prospective use and determine whether or not that use falls within the King Library Meeting Room guidelines. Use of the Library may be terminated at any time if the conduct of the group or any member of the group is disruptive to Library service, or in violation of the King Library Customer Conduct Policy. All activities and programs conducted in the Library are subject to these general rules and regulations.
- The Library reserves the right to change room assignments as deemed necessary. The requestor will be notified of any such changes as soon as possible. In the event that cancellation by the Library is necessary, every reasonable effort will be made to notify the applicant within 48 hours. The Library is not responsible for any damages if it has to cancel use of the room or cannot fulfill its promise to have the room available.
- Responsibility falls upon the requestor or the representative of the requesting organization to make certain the group is aware of, and abides by Library regulations. Failure to do so may result in denial of future room reservation requests.