NOTE: In compliance with Santa Clara County’s public health order, masks must be worn by everyone while inside the library, regardless of vaccination status.
Study rooms are available for SJSU students, faculty, and staff on floors 6, 7, and 8, and for SJPL customers on the 3rd floor. The following COVID-19 policies currently apply:
- The Santa Clara County Department of Public Health requires that everyone (ages 2+) wear a mask indoors in public settings. However, in accordance with SJSU policy, patrons may take their masks off when alone in a study room with the door shut. Masks must be worn during group study, regardless of vaccination status.
- No food or drink is allowed in the library, including study rooms.
While we are not currently able to offer overnight study, the library is open for SJSU students until midnight from Sunday through Thursday. The library will be open for overnight study during finals week, December 6–15.
- You must have your current SJSU Tower Card with you to remain in the building during extended hours.
- CSU walk-in patron passes are not currently being accepted or issued.
- For Fall 2021, Guest Passes for Extended Hours are not available. We hope to provide this service again in Spring 2022.
Due to the requirement from the Santa Clara County Department of Public Health that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear a mask indoors, eating and drinking in the library are not currently allowed.
The Writing Center has not reopened in the library, but it is available to assist you virtually through online tutoring sessions conducted through Zoom. Their online tutoring page provides all the details about online appointments and tutoring services.
Writing Center tutors are also available on a drop-in basis through their "Ask a Tutor" live chat system at select times, and the Center offers a full slate of one-hour writing workshops every semester (also conducted virtually). Visit the Writing Center website for more information.
Anyone using either the King_Library_WIFI or SJSU_Guest wireless networks can access the majority of SJSU databases. Notable exceptions are those that require an SJSU e-mail address for access: O'Reilly Ebooks, SciFinder, ICPSR, Ebook Central, RefWorks, and Pivot. You will need to be on campus or near the library to log in to these networks.
Read more about campus Wi-Fi networks at https://www.sjsu.edu/it/services/network/internet.php
To check out SJSU books, you will need to get an SJSU library card. See Information for San Jose Public Library Patrons for more information.