NOTE: In compliance with SJSU policy, masks must be worn by everyone while inside the library, regardless of vaccination status.
Study rooms are available on floors 3, 6, 7, and 8. The following COVID-19 policies currently apply:
- SJSU policy requires that everyone wear a mask indoors in public settings. However, patrons may take their masks off when alone in a study room with the door closed. Masks must be worn during group study, regardless of vaccination status.
- No food or drink is allowed in the library, including study rooms, due to the mask requirement.
While we are not currently able to offer overnight study, the library will be open for SJSU students until midnight from Sunday through Thursday during the semester.
- You must have your current SJSU Tower Card with you to remain in the building during extended hours.
- CSU walk-in patron passes are not currently being accepted or issued.
- For Spring 2022, Guest Passes for Extended Hours are not available. We hope to provide this service again in Fall 2022.
Yes, currently you will need your Tower Card in your possession in order to be in the library during SJSU-only hours.
Due to SJSU policy that masks must be worn at all times when indoors, eating and drinking in the library are not currently allowed.
The Writing Center has now reopened for in-person tutoring in the library. Hours are currently limited, so be sure to visit the Center's appointment scheduling system to view available times.
The Writing Center is still available to assist you virtually through online tutoring sessions conducted through Zoom. Their online tutoring page provides all the details about online appointments and tutoring services.
Writing Center tutors are also available on a drop-in basis through their "Ask a Tutor" live chat system at select times, and the Center offers a full slate of one-hour writing workshops every semester (also conducted virtually). Visit the Writing Center website for more information.
Anyone using either the King_Library_WIFI or SJSU_Guest wireless networks can access the majority of SJSU databases. Notable exceptions are those that require an SJSU e-mail address for access: O'Reilly Ebooks, SciFinder, ICPSR, Ebook Central, RefWorks, and Pivot. You will need to be on campus or near the library to log in to these networks.
Read more about campus Wi-Fi networks at https://www.sjsu.edu/it/services/network/internet.php
To check out SJSU books, you will need to get an SJSU library card. See Information for San Jose Public Library Patrons for more information.