Phone: (408) 924-4917
Course: SMPD 286, Statistical Methods in Clinical Trials
Course Material: For the Fall 2014 course, I proposed creating a free custom digital course pack comprised of relevant journal articles, handouts that I develop on the topics taught in the course, and other related digital documents, such as videos that are freely available online.
Cost of Material: $0
Course Textbook: Clinical Trials: A Methodologic Perspective and Fundamentals of Clinical Trials
Cost of Textbook: $200
Comments: The previously required textbooks cost about $200, and they and other existing textbooks do not address the unique needs of a course that trains clinical trials managers to manage statisticians. The main advantages of the proposed digital course pack are:
- It will save each student approximately $200
- It will be uniquely tailored to the content and instructional requiements of the course, and address the mismatch of existing textbooks with SMPD 286's learning objectives and topics.
- It will be easy for students to access.
- It will be updatable and scalable.
- No paper or fossil fuels will be wasted on books, photocopies, and transport of books to the bookstroe or direct shipping to students.