The SJSU Library will tentatively resume lending books and other materials on January 25, 2021 pending county approval. We will fill requests as safety and staffing allows, while keeping a close watch on county and state guidelines. During this time the health and safety of our community and staff remain our most important concern.
Book Request Policy
- You can request up to 5 items at a time.
- There is a 4-10 day waiting period due to required quarantine periods.
- Items will be put into lockers on Fridays, and can be picked up between Saturday and Thursday.
- This service is available only for current San Jose State faculty, staff, and students.
- The due date for all University Library items is June 15, 2021.
How to Request Books
Use OneSearch to find an item you want to request.
Log in to your OneSearch account.
Click the Request this item link.
- You will receive an email with a barcode and pickup code for your items from email@example.com. You cannot retrieve items from the lockers without this information.
- The lockers are just inside the first set of sliding doors on the campus-side entrance of the library.
- Scan the barcode or enter your pickup code on the keypad to open your locker.
Lockers hours are:
Monday – Thursday: 9am–7pm
Help with locker pickup is available during locker hours by texting (408) 539-8772
Due to building restrictions, San José Public Library patrons are not able to request items for locker pickup at this time.