Overview of Instruction Services
Librarians integrate their information literacy instruction sessions into your course goals and objectives. Instruction can take place in the library or can be embedded into your online courses. The aim of library instruction is to build your students’ research skills, increase critical thinking and evaluation of resources, and connect students with the most appropriate sources available to meet their research needs.
Library instructional services offered:
- Course-related library instruction sessions
- Customized online course guides and instructional handouts
- Online research guides (LibGuides) for each major discipline
- Print and electronic course reserves
- Individual research consultations for students and faculty
- Ask-a-Librarian service by phone, e-mail, or chat
- Online tutorials
For instruction services support, please contact your subject librarian.