Statement of Policy & Text
King Library will circulate headphones and phonograph needles to be used at the listening stations on the fifth floor.
Need for the Policy
- Patrons need equipment in order to listen to records, cassettes, or cds in the library without disturbing other patrons.
- Keeping equipment at the listening stations would increase the theft rate.
Requirements & Guidelines
- Listening equipment can be checked out for only two hours and are not renewable.
- Listening equipment cannot be checked out by Limited Status borrowers.
- Fines for overdue equipment are $10 per hour.
Access Services, King Library
|Reviewed and approved by:||Signature/Name||Date of Approval|
|SJPL Supervising Librarian||Lisa Rosenblum||8/3/05|
|SJSU Associate Dean||Jo Bell Whitlatch|
|KMT||Ruth Kifer, Rae Ann Stahl, Mary Nino, Luann Budd, Jill Bourne, Neil Rufino, Katie DuPraw, Angie Miralor, Jon Worona||2/6/14|
History & Dates
Category of Policy:User Services
Author(s): Senior Collections Access Manager, Randall Anderson
Authorized by: Lisa Rosenblum & Jo Bell Whitlatch
Date(s) of Revision(s): 02/23/10gd