Statement of Policy & Text
Need for the Policy
The SJSU Student Learning and Research Commons has been established to provide a welcoming space specifically for SJSU students.
Requirements & Guidelines
- The SJSU Student Learning and Research Commons is for the use of SJSU students, faculty and staff with SJSU ID only.
- The SJSU Student Learning and Research Commons has a special open hours, which are posted at its entrance and subject to change without advance notice. Disabled access to the Mezzanine is available via the elevator located in the Children's Room.
- Users should respect the educational needs, rights and privacy of others and show consideration for the Library as a learning space as outlined in the Customer Conduct Policy PL-249. Users must follow the established guidelines for use of this space. Guidelines are posted online.
- The Library Security Staff, UPD officers, and University Library Staff will monitor the area and resolve conduct issues. (See references below for Customer Conduct Policy PL-249.) Those who fail to conform to guidelines will be asked to leave.
- Maximum Occupancy for the SJSU Student Learning and Research Commons is 129.
All King Library employees, SJSU departments/colleges, and public groups/organizations
|Reviewed and approved by:||Signature/Name||Date of Approval|
|KMT||Ruth Kifer, John Wenzler, Mary Nino, Luann Budd, Anne Cain, Neil Rufino, Sandra Stewart, Katie DuPraw||2/21/2013|
History & Dates
Category of Policy: Administration/Operations & Facilities
Author(s): SJSU Facilities & Purchasing Coordinator, Tung Pham
Authorized by: KMT
Date Written: 10/27/2012
Date Effective: 1/25/2013
Date(s) of Revision(s): 2/21/2013