- Printers in King Library
- How to Print
- Paying for Printing
- Printing from Microform Machines
Printers in King Library
How to Print
From public computers
- Select print, then create a name and password so you can access your print job at a print release station. Note: Both name and password fields are case sensitive.
- Go to any print release station.
- Swipe your Tower Card or VIP Gold Card through the card reader or add cash if you are using a Cash-Only print release station.
- Select your print job from the queue (look for the name you entered).
- Click the print button and type the password you created.
From a USB drive
Insert your USB drive into the print-from-disk station and open your document. Print as described above. You will find print-from-disk stations on the Lower Level, Ground Floor, 2nd Floor and 3rd Floor.
From a laptop
- Install the Library Wireless Printer software on your laptop:
Go to http://print.spartanshops.com and download and install the printer driver that will work with your computer (there are different versions for both PCs and Macs).
- Select print and choose “Library Queue” as the printer.
- Follow the instructions for printing above.
Wireless printer drivers are already installed on SCS loaner laptops.
Paying for Printing
Black & white printing costs 20¢ per page and you can use your Tower card, VIP Gold Card, or cash to pay. Sorry, we don't have color printing at this time.
Tower Card (SJSU ID) / VIP Gold Card
- Note: The Add Value Center will only take a $1 bill and will dispense a VIP Gold Card with $1 credit.
- You can also add money to your card at the On Fourth Café, located at the downtown entrance of the library.
- San Jose State students can also add money to their Tower or VIP Gold Cards online at spartanshops.com/goldpoints.
- You may use cash at the print release stations on the Ground Floor and 2nd Floor.
- There is a bill breaker machine that will break up to a $20 near the 2nd Floor printer station.
- There are change machines on the Lower Level, the Ground Floor, and the 3rd Floor that will break up to a $5 bill.
Printing from Microform Machines
- You may print from the microform (microfilm/microfiche) machines in the King Library Lower Level.
- Printing from the microform machines costs 25¢ per copy.
- The printer will copy only what is within the rectangular borders on the reader's page.
- Microform machines accept coins and bills only.
- You may store and save scanned microform documents a USB drive using the computer that is connected to the microform reader.