The late night tutoring service is free for all SJSU students, and no appointments are required.
How It Works
Students must sign in for 20-minute sessions with their SJSU credentials upon arrival. However, some sessions may exceed 20 minutes. Group tutoring sessions are also available in a much larger space and is limited to 8 students at a time.
During the semester from Sunday through Wednesday (8:00 pm - 12:00 am)
Sessions are conducted on the second floor of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library to the right of the elevators.
Trained tutors can assist with the following undergraduate courses:
- Biology 10
- Biology 30-31
- Chemistry 1A/B
- Chemistry 30A/B
- Math 8
- Math 19
- Math 30–32
- Math 71
- Physics 50
How To Prepare For Tutoring
- Ensure that you are up-to-date with class notes.
- Study and review class materials before requesting tutoring.
- Prepare specific questions, problems or concerns that you would like to ask the tutor
- Attempt to solve the problem and bring your solution to the session
- Bring all study materials and electronic devices needed for tutoring including scratch paper for solving problems.
Questions about Late-Night Tutoring in the library? Check out our late-night tutoring guide or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.