Online tutoring sessions are available for all SJSU Students via Zoom
Starting Monday, March 16, 2020, the Library will be offering online tutoring services via Zoom.
To begin your session, join our zoom online tutoring session at https://sjsu.zoom.us/my/latenighttutoring from Sunday through Wednesday, 8:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
The late-night tutoring service is free for all SJSU students, and no appointments are required.
How It Works
Students must sign in for 20-minute sessions with their SJSU credentials upon arrival. However, some sessions may exceed 20 minutes. Group tutoring sessions are also available in a much larger space and is limited to 8 students at a time.
During the semester from Sunday through Wednesday (8:00 pm - 12:00 am)
Sessions are conducted on the second floor of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library to the right as you come out of the elevators.
Trained tutors can assist with the following undergraduate courses:
- Biology 10
- Biology 30-31
- Chemistry 1A/B
- Chemistry 30A/B
- Math 8
- Math 19
- Math 30–32
- Math 71
- Physics 50
How To Prepare For Tutoring
- Ensure that you are up-to-date with class notes.
- Study and review class materials before requesting tutoring.
- Prepare specific questions, problems or concerns that you would like to ask the tutor
- Attempt to solve the problem and bring your solution to the session
- Bring all study materials and electronic devices needed for tutoring including scratch paper for solving problems.