**Note: The Sound Studio is closed until further notice.
The SJSU Library has installed a WhisperRoom Sound Studio on the 4th floor for student use. A keycard can be checked out from Student Computing Services for two hours at a time.
The studio has the following features:
- 5k resolution iMac with additional Thunderbolt display for a dual-monitor setup
- Running on MacOS Sierra
- Pro Tools
- Logic Pro X
- Creative Cloud 2017
- Microsoft Office 2017
- Webcam integrated into iMac display for recording video performances
- Behringer Xenyx 12-input Mixer with plenty of flexibility for BYOD configurations for students to plug in their own instruments and equipment and create their own studio setup
- Audio-Technica AT2035 Studio Condenser XLR Microphone
- Mounted on a Rode Swivel Boom Arm mount with Shock Mount and Pop filter for podcasting and recording at the table.
- Rode NT1A Condenser XLR Microphone
- Mounted on a fully adjustable tripod microphone stand with Shock Mount and Pop filter for Vocals and Instrumentals
- Rokit 5 Powered Studio Monitor Speakers for collaborative listening
- M-Audio Keystation 88 USB MIDI Keyboard
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones for private, sound isolated listening (available for checkout from SCS)
- M-Audio Oxygen 25 USB MIDI Keyboard (available for checkout from SCS)
The studio itself has dimmable studio lighting, acoustic sound dampening foam, and sound isolation walls. Furniture consists of one tall stool for sitting at the Rode microphone for performing vocals and instrumentals and one wheeled chair for sitting at the primary workstation with the Audio-Technica podcasting microphone and editing audio on the iMac.