The King Library's new Presentation Practice Room, in the Lower Level, offers a space for practicing, reviewing and recording presentations and pitches. Students can either plug in their own phone or tablet or they can use the camera and mic provided in the room. Students can display slides or play videos behind them on a the large Samsung 4K HD Smart TV or use a green screen that allows custom backdrops. The room includes a Samsung 4K Confidence monitor to preview the video, three-point lighting for the best visual results and an iMac with Camtasia to capture and edit the recording.
Students can reserve the room for two hours at a time, and can pick up the keys to the room at SCS on the 4th floor.
- Panasonic Lumix GH4 4K mirrorless camera with a fixed lens focusing on the speaker
- Tripod for using a phone for recording
- 55" Main Display with a Mac Mini with power point and network access to Google Drive
- 45" Confidence monitor displaying the speaker
- iMac with One Button Studio Stream Deck utilizing a one-button setup to easily start and stop recording
- Elgato video encoder
- In the future: the ability to view cell phone recording on the confidence monitor