Borrowing from SJSU Library
To borrow library materials, you will need your Tower ID card. There are no limits on the number of items SJSU borrowers can check out. Loan periods are as follows:
- Undergraduate students: 16 weeks from date of checkout, no renewals
- Graduate students: 16 weeks from date of checkout, 5 renewals
- Faculty & Staff: 1 year from date of checkout, 10 renewals
- San Jose Public Library patrons: 3 weeks from date of checkout, 3 renewals
Borrowing from CSU+
CSU+ is a resource-sharing system through which students, faculty, and staff can request items from all 23 CSU campus libraries and have them delivered to their home campus within 2-5 days. Requests will be made directly in the item record in OneSearch, but you must be logged in to your account see this option. Only SJSU patrons are eligible to use CSU+. Loan periods are as follows:
- CSU+ books: 60 days, no renewals
- CSU+ media: 30 days, no renewals
Notification & Pickup
If you have requested items from either the SJSU Library collection or CSU+, you will receive an e-mail when they are available to be picked up. You can pick items up from the SJSU Services Desk on the ground floor.
Checkout Machines at King Library
There will be separate self-check machines for SJPL and SJSU materials at King Library.
Items borrowed from either the SJSU Library or through CSU+/Interlibrary Loan must be returned to the King Library.
- The borrower is responsible for loss or damage charges resulting from improper returns.
- Items returned after the Library has closed are considered returned on the next open day.
- Outside book drops are open after closing at all Library locations.
- SJSU Course Reserves and CSU+/Interlibrary Loan items must be returned to the King Library Academic Reserves Desk, not to the outside book drops.
- For more information about borrowing Course Reserves items, see Course Reserves.
Fines for SJSU Materials
There are no daily fines for SJSU general materials, but they will be considered lost at 14 days overdue and you will be billed the replacement cost of $110 per item.
Late fees for Course Reserves:
- Hourly checkouts: $1 per hour, $20 maximum fine
- Daily checkouts: $5 per day, $20 maximum fine
Fines must be paid online; no cash or checks will be accepted.
Fines for CSU+ Materials
There are no daily fines for materials borrowed through CSU+, but they will be considered lost at 14 days overdue and you will be billed the replacement cost of $90 per item. Fines must be paid online; no cash or checks will be accepted.