Can SJPL patrons borrow from SJSU?
SJSU will provide current San Jose Public Library users an account in OneSearch as long as their SJPL accounts are in good standing and they are not temporary borrowers. Patrons who do not yet have an SJPL account will need to get one before they can get an SJSU account. Fill out the Request a OneSearch Account form using your SJPL library card number and PIN. You will need an e-mail address, as the the SJSU system requires one.
Checkout Machines at King Library
There will be separate self-check machines for SJPL and SJSU materials at King Library.
Borrowing limits are as follows:
- 100 items
- 3 week checkout with up to 3 renewals
- 10 holds; pick-up location is limited to King Library
- No daily fines for SJSU items, but at 14 days overdue an item is considered lost, and you will be billed a replacement fee of $110
- Fines must be paid online; no cash or checks accepted
- This card does not provide remote access to SJSU databases, but there will still be access within the King Library
- Items should be returned to the King Library, not the public library branches