To borrow library materials, you will need your Tower ID card. There are no limits on the number of items SJSU borrowers can check out. Loan periods are as follows:
Undergraduate students: Items are due at the end of each term
Graduate students: 16 weeks from date of checkout, 5 renewals
Faculty & Staff: 1 year from date of checkout, 10 renewals
San Jose Public Library patrons: 3 weeks from date of checkout, 3 renewals
SJSU students, faculty, and staff have access to over 29 million books across the entire CSU, right from within OneSearch. You can request books from any of the other 22 California State University libraries and have them delivered to the SJSU Library within 2-5 days. Requests will be made directly in the item record in OneSearch, but you must be logged in to your account see this option. Loan periods are as follows:
- CSU books: 60 days, no renewals
- CSU media: 30 days, no renewals
All California State University libraries offer walk-in privileges to current SJSU students, staff, and faculty. SJSU patrons may check out books at other CSU libraries using their Tower card. Books and media can be checked out for 30 days without renewal.
Distance students who would like to take advantage of this program can request a Tower card from the Bursar's Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Bring a photo ID and your Tower card to check out books at another CSU.
Use Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) to request items such as books, articles (print or electronic), and dissertations from libraries worldwide. Please be aware, however, that Interlibrary Loan is a cooperative service. Because some libraries remain closed or have staff limitations, requests may be delayed or remain unfulfilled.
Interlibrary Loan does not fill requests for:
- Items already owned by the SJSU Library
- Items on Course Reserves for SJSU students
- Exceptions for Distance Students
There are separate self-check machines for SJPL and SJSU materials on the ground floor at King Library.
- Proxy borrowing privileges for designated persons to check out or renew library items on behalf of patrons with disabilities are available upon request at the Circulation & Reserves Desk. Call 408-808-2304.
- You may renew your borrowed library items by using the Telephone Renewal System at 408-808-2665 or using your online account.
- Library materials will be paged upon request for patrons with disabilities.
- Patrons may request paging at any service desk
See Department & Services Contacts
- A reasonable number of items will be paged based on staff availability and workload
You can return items at the book drop near the circulation desk during library open hours. The outside book return box is open after closing. The borrower is responsible for loss or damage charges resulting from improper returns. Items returned after the Library has closed are considered returned on the next open day.
SJSU Course Reserves and CSU/Interlibrary Loan items must be returned to the King Library Academic Reserves Desk, not to the outside book drops. For more information about borrowing Course Reserves items, see Course Reserves.
There are no daily fines for SJSU print materials, but they will be considered lost at 14 days overdue and you will be billed the replacement cost of $110 per item. We do not accept physical replacements for lost materials. No refunds will be given after an item is paid for, including instances where an item has been found after it has been paid.
- Hourly checkouts: $1 per hour, $20 maximum fine
- Daily checkouts: $5 per day, $20 maximum fine
- Fines must be paid online; no cash or checks will be accepted.
Laptop and Other Tech Equipment
For late fees for laptops and other items from Student Computing Services, see Lending Policies.
There are no daily fines for materials borrowed from other CSU libraries, but they will be considered lost at 14 days overdue and you will be billed the replacement cost of $90 per item. Fines must be paid online; no cash or checks will be accepted.