- Undergraduate students: 16 weeks from date of checkout, no renewals
- Graduate students: 16 weeks from date of checkout, 5 renewals
- Faculty & Staff: 1 year from date of checkout, 10 renewals
- San Jose Public Library patrons: 3 weeks from date of checkout, 3 renewals
- CSU+ books: 60 days, no renewals
- CSU+ media: 30 days, no renewals
Use Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) to request items such as books, articles (print or electronic), and dissertations from libraries worldwide.
Interlibrary Loan does not fill requests for:
- Items already owned by the SJSU Library
- Items on Course Reserves for SJSU students
- Exceptions for Distance Students
- The borrower is responsible for loss or damage charges resulting from improper returns.
- Items returned after the Library has closed are considered returned on the next open day.
- Outside book drops are open after closing at all Library locations.
- SJSU Course Reserves and CSU+/Interlibrary Loan items must be returned to the King Library Academic Reserves Desk, not to the outside book drops.
- For more information about borrowing Course Reserves items, see Course Reserves.
- Hourly checkouts: $1 per hour, $20 maximum fine
- Daily checkouts: $5 per day, $20 maximum fine