SJSU collections will be made available for SJSU users to borrow through touchless lockers once it is deemed safe for staff and patrons to re-enter the library.
To borrow library materials, you will need your Tower ID card. There are no limits on the number of items SJSU borrowers can check out. Loan periods are as follows:
- Undergraduate students: 16 weeks from date of checkout, no renewals
- Graduate students: 16 weeks from date of checkout, 5 renewals
- Faculty & Staff: 1 year from date of checkout, 10 renewals
- San Jose Public Library patrons: 3 weeks from date of checkout, 3 renewals
CSU+ is unavailable until further notice.
CSU+ is a resource-sharing system through which current students, faculty, and staff can request items from all 23 CSU campus libraries and have them delivered to their home campus within 2-5 days. Requests will be made directly in the item record in OneSearch, but you must be logged in to your account see this option. Only SJSU patrons are eligible to use CSU+. Loan periods are as follows:
- CSU+ books: 60 days, no renewals
- CSU+ media: 30 days, no renewals
Note: Other CSU libraries may not be open due to COVID-19.
All California State University libraries offer walk-in privileges to current SJSU students, staff, and faculty. SJSU patrons may check out books at other CSU libraries using their Tower card. Books and media can be checked out for 30 days without renewal.
Distance students who would like to take advantage of this program can request a Tower card from the Bursar's Office: email@example.com. Bring a photo ID and your Tower card to check out books at another CSU.
Interlibrary Loan is unavailable until further notice.
Use Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) to request items such as books, articles (print or electronic), and dissertations from libraries worldwide.
Interlibrary Loan does not fill requests for:
- Items already owned by the SJSU Library
- Items on Course Reserves for SJSU students
- Exceptions for Distance Students
There are separate self-check machines for SJPL and SJSU materials on the ground floor at King Library.
SJSU print items can be returned in the external book drop outside the library on 4th street.
Late fees for regular print collections:
- All late fees accrued after March 16 will be waived for active SJSU users.
- For inactive users (students no longer enrolled or graduated, faculty and staff that have separated from the university) late fees accrued between March 16 and August 31 will be waived.
- Late fees accrued after August 31 for inactive users will remain on the patron account.
- Returned items may not be checked in immediately due to required quarantine periods. Late fees will not apply.
Late fees for Course Reserves:
- $5 per day will be charged for late course reserve items, up to $120.
- Fines must be paid online; no cash or checks will be accepted.
There are no daily fines for materials borrowed through CSU+, but they will be considered lost at 14 days overdue and you will be billed the replacement cost of $90 per item. Fines must be paid online; no cash or checks will be accepted.