The SJSU Library will begin accepting requests for print and other circulating materials from our collections beginning February 15, 2021. We will fill requests as safety and staffing allows, while keeping a close watch on county and state guidelines.
Book Request Policy
See Book Requests for information on how to request items.
- You can request up to 5 items at a time.
- There is a 4-10 day waiting period due to required quarantine periods.
- Items will be put into lockers on Monday, and can be picked between Tuesday and the following Sunday.
- Requesting is available only for current San Jose State faculty, staff, and students.
- Requesting is NOT available for materials located in Reference, Special Collections, or Course Reserve.
- The due date for all University Library items is June 15, 2021. Books can be returned to the book drop outside the library on Fourth Street. Late fees will not be incurred.
Lockers hours are:
Tuesday – Friday: 9am–6pm
Help with locker pickup is available during locker hours by texting (408) 539-8772
Due to building restrictions, San José Public Library patrons are not able to request items for locker pickup at this time.